Aloha PDD Students and Families,
Auditions for Legally Blonde Jr. will be held on Saturday, November 15th and Monday, November 18th. More information is listed below. I have attached a PDF of this information as well as monologue options for the students.
STUDENTS NOT IN MUSICAL THEATRE: Please keep in mind if you accept a part in the show you must register and attend Musical Theatre Classes through the performance dates.
Chelsea Campbell and The Musical Theatre Team
WHO SHOULD AUDITION?
Those enrolled in the Principal class (Mon. 6:30p/Sat. 3:30p) are required to audition to maintain a spot in the Principal class. Ensemble classes (Mon. 5p or Sat. 2p) are not required to audition unless they wish to try for a lead or featured role. Otherwise they will be performing as the ensemble in the production. This is an open Audition to all PDD Students.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday (11/15) from 2p-5p and Monday (11/18) from 5p-8p. Attendance on both days is required to be considered for a role. Ensemble students auditioning may attend these auditions in lieu of their class for that weekend only.
- Call backs will be held on Saturday (11/29) from 2p-5p and Monday (12/1) from 5p-8p. Attendance on both days is required to be considered for a role. Ensemble students auditioning may attend these auditions in lieu of their class for that weekend only.
November 15th and 18thThis audition will be held in 3 Rounds over the 2 days, (Music, Reading, Dance). The music and monologues will be performed privately in front of the panel. Dance will be last and as a group. Please wear something comfortable that you can move in
- Round 1 - The classes are currently working on audition techniques, music and choreography. The first round Audition will consist of 32 bars of a song of your choice (containing a verse, a bridge and a chorus is encouraged). The song should be a Broadway or musical theatre style song - absolutely NO Happy Birthday! A backing track on CD must also be brought to the audition properly edited and in the key to be sung. No one will be singing acapella. Choose your starting point wisely as entire song may not be played due to time restrictions.
- Round 2 - Students have been given a 1-2 minute monologue to study. This should be memorized and performed with emotions and actions.
- Round 3 - The Dance Segment is learned in class and will be performed as a group on the second day.
November 29th and December 1stCall backs will specifically be from the sides and score for Legally Blonde Jr. that can be found on the MTI website. Become familiar with the show before the audition. Choose a character to audition for and prepare the appropriate side (part of script) and song to perform in front of the panel. Songs will be sung to a backing track.
The callbacks will also be held in 3 Rounds over the 2 days, (Music, Reading, Dance). The music will be performed privately in front of the panel. Reading of sides may be done in a group with some additional readings being cold. Dance will be last and as a group. Please wear something comfortable that you can move in
Please choose from the following characters only using the corresponding side and song found online: Elle Woods, Warren Huntington III, Margot, Serena, Pilar, Emmet Forrest, Vivienne Kensington, Professor Callahan, Paulette, Chutney Wyndham, Brooke Wyndham, Aaron Shultz, Sundeep Agrawal Padamadan, Enid Hoopes, and Kyle.
Legally Blonde Jr sides and song scores can be found at: http://www.broadwayjr.com/audition/auditionlist.asp?ID=000424
Backing track to Legally Blonde Jr. songs will be found on the Pas De Deux website. We will notify you via email when this is available.
Rehearsals will occur during class therefore any student receiving a Principal role will be required to enroll in the Principal class if not already. The Principal class meets twice a week. Ensemble class meets only once a week and will work on assigned musical numbers. Each class will maintain the rotation between instructors to keep all students engaged.
Some Principals will occasionally be asked to join the Ensemble class depending on musical number and will be notified ahead of time.
Full run-throughs will occur closer to the show…about 2-3 weeks before…at which time ensemble will be required to attend all rehearsals. A schedule will be provided with cast list.
Attendance is crucial especially the last month before the shows. If you are unable to attend during the last few weeks of run-through, you will not be able to perform. Performance fees and costume rental ($25+$25+tax) will be charged beginning of January and are non-refundable.
We are currently scheduled to perform March 6-8 and 13-15. Fridays at 8pm, Saturdays at 6pm and 8pm and Sundays at 6pm. Ensemble will perform ALL shows. Show dates and times are subject to change.
ENROLLMENT CUTOFF DATES
This season we are enforcing the following enrollment cutoff dates:
Principle Roles: October 31st
Outstanding Ensemble Roles: November 30th
Ensemble Roles: December 31st
Downloadable PDF Documents: